Hermann Fire Company Museum

214 E 2nd Street

573-486-2148, 314-608-1468

Museum
In 1971, when Hermann Fire Company Station #2 was dedicated, volunteers salvaged and restored old fire equipment that had been stored in sheds throughout Hermann. This fine old equipment, among the oldest in the state, includes the hand pumpers Consequence (built in Hermann by a local blacksmith) and Washington and the Company's first motorized vehicle, a 1935 Chevrolet quad truck, with its ladders, hose, pump, and water tank. Uniforms, trumpets, and usable drums dating to 1865 are also on display. In addition to the equipment, the department has maintained a set of records of all their meetings since the founding of the Fire Company in 1859 as well as the translations of the German records which were kept until 1939.

Hours

Contact for hours

Spend the night in Hermann!