2017 Total Solar Eclipse
Happening August 19-21
Saturday, August 19
- 3rd Annual Hermann Wine & Jazz Festival at the Amphitheater
- Sugar Momma’s—Out-of-this-world treats and extended eclipse weekend hours. Open10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 20
- The movie Spaceballs will be shown at the Amphitheater. Enjoy refreshments from the beer garden. Movie starts at dark. Lawn-chair seating.
- Eclipse discounts of up to 70 percent at participating merchants.
Monday, August 21
Eclipse viewing events are planned at many locations, including:
- Hermann Hill Village
11:00 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.
Bring a blanket or lawn chair and stay for lunch — hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. Sponsored by the Hermann Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Stone Hill Winery
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Enjoy a picnic on the hill with a box lunch purchased from Vintage Restaurant.
- Hermann Farm
11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Take a hayride to a hilltop viewing site. Box lunch and solar glasses provided. $12 per person. For reservations call 573-486-3276.
- Adam Puchta Winery
Hayrides to the vineyard start at noon, with viewing glasses for the first 100 guests. Special eclipse lunch served at the Bistro from 11:00 to 3:00.
- Lost Creek Vineyard
Live music, great food specials and viewing glasses in a family-friendly atmosphere. Open 10:00 to 5:30. Find your perfect viewing spot in the vineyard. Lawn chairs and picnic blankets welcome.
- Harvest Table Restaurant
Serving breakfast, 8:00 a.m. to noon, and dinner, 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Bank Bar on Schiller Street
After the darkness . . . it’s time for martini madness and blue moon cosmos. Open from totality until 10:00 p.m.
- OakGlenn Winery
Open at 9:00 with live entertainment by Kevin Renick from 10:00 to 3:00. Eclipse glasses will be available along with plenty of wine, beer and soft drinks. To book lodging at Carol’s Cottage call 573-486-5057.
Bookmark this page to keep up with additional events as they are scheduled.