Starkenburg ShrinePlaced on the National Register of Historic Sites in September of 1982, the Shrine of Our Lady of Sorrows attracts visitors of all denominations. Its history dates to 1847 when the first German settlers arrived on the north side of the Missouri River. They named their new town Rhineland because it reminded them of their homeland.

Shrine grounds open daily — 8:00 a.m. to Dusk