While you can always enjoy your favorite Hermann-area wine straight from the bottle, the high-quality wines produced right here in Missouri’s Wine Country are also an excellent ingredient that will elevate your recipes or cocktails.
Now that fall has officially begun, a tasty and easy-to-make drink for any dinner, gathering, or event is a red wine sangria. This popular, sweet beverage is great during summertime, but adding crisp fall apples and pears, cinnamon, and a full-bodied red wine transition Spain’s warm weather drink into your new fall favorite.
This simple sangria recipe is perfect to throw together for your next event. Make your life easier and make it ahead of the event—it tastes even better when refrigerated overnight. Grab the simple, easy-to-find ingredients and a bottle of any of the Hermann area’s delicious red wines to make this exceptional cocktail. The best part? You can’t mess this drink up!
- 1 bottle of your favorite full-bodied Hermann red wine
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ cup brandy
- ¼ cup cinnamon-infused simple syrup*
- 1 honeycrisp apple, chopped
- 1 green pear, chopped
- ½ orange, quartered and sliced
- 3 or 4 cinnamon sticks
- Make the simple syrup (don’t worry—”simple” is in the name for a reason!) by combining 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, and 6 cinnamon sticks in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar dissolves and the liquid starts to thicken. Let cool.
- In a large pitcher, combine wine, apple cider, brandy, cinnamon sticks, and cut fruits.
- Add the cinnamon-infused simple syrup.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy! Prost!
This delicious recipe makes one large pitcher—perfect for serving 6 people. Take your Hermann wine beyond the bottle this fall with this exceptional fall sangria!