208 Wharf Street
Mike & Donna Diener
Wharf Street Inn is comprised of two buildings sharing a common wall, listed on the National Historic Registry of Historic Places as the Leimer Hotel (circa 1838) and the Pacific Railroad Dining Saloon (circa 1853). The hotel played a part in two major disasters in Hermann’s history. In 1842 the steamer Big Hatchie blew up on the wharf. In 1855 the first train from St. Louis to Jefferson City met with tragedy when the Gasconade River bridge collapsed. During both disasters the Leimer Hotel became a makeshift hospital.
In the past year the buildings have undergone a complete renovation. As a result, nine beautiful new guest rooms all have private entrances and bathrooms. Four riverfront rooms have gas fireplaces and jetted tubs. A courtyard and two covered porches serve as sitting areas for guests to enjoy.